Spicy Tikka Pitta Recipe
Wholesomely homemade Bauce Brothers & Barnfathers, OG Pineapple hot sauce is the best way to spice up a lonely pitta & tikka wrap. Pour generously for maximum flavour and heat.
What you need...
1x bottle of barnfathers OG sauce
1x pack of chicken breasts (around 650grams)
2x tins of chickpeas as veggie protein option
1 large red onion sliced finely and placed in lemon juice for pickling until soft.
Lettuce of your choice (spinach leaves or rocket)
1 x cucumber
Fresh coriander, parsley and mint
150g of natural yoghurt
1 x teaspoon of garam masala
1 x teaspoon of turmeric
1x teaspoon of chilli powder
1 tablespoon of garlic and ginger paste (easy jar ones in supermarket) , can obviously just use fresh.
- Blend up the tikka marinade.
- Chop the chicken into cubes and place in a bowl with the Tikka marinade, cover and leave in fridge overnight or 4-5 hours)
- Once marinated grill chicken and keep basting with Tikka marinade.
- (Use chickpeas instead of chicken for veggie option - no need to marinade but cook in oven or saucepan until cooked and warm)
- Once all is cooked, warm up pittas and fill with protein, onions, salad, cucumber and herbs.
- Cover in as much Barnfathers hot sauce as you would like, drizzle with yogurt for a little cooling.
Bask in the glory of your subscription box…