Smokey aubergine steaks with Farey's Peckham Hot Sauce. These steaks keep you feeling clean but still giving the rich taste and flavours you get from a bad boy steak.
Smokey aubergine steaks
- 2 large (3 medium) Aubergines
- 1 tbsp of veg oil
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp of peckham smoker
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of tahini
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tsp of natural yoghurt
- pomegranate seeds (buy them separated or take them out of the fruit)
- fresh mint and coriander chopped
- salt and pepper
-slice the aubergine into thick slices.
- mix oil, Peckham smoker and a little maple syrup for seasoning with a little salt and pepper.
- brush the slices with the oil hot sauce mix and place on a hot griddle pan or BBQ for approx 8 minutes (4 on each side), until they are no longer spongy.
- while they are grilling mix the tahini, lemon, freshly chopped garlic and yoghurt into a nice runny consistency.
-serve the steaks with a drizzle of tahini sauce, peckham smoker drizzle and pomegranate seeds with a sprinkle of the chopped coriander and mint.