Shroomy Saucy Shawarma
What you need...
- Add the cumin, ras el hanout, garlic, spring onion, parsley, coriander, oil, sprinkle of salt and pepper into a blender to make the spice mix (tips include herb stalks for less waste and more flavour).
- Slice or chop the mushrooms.
- Add the spice mix to the mushrooms and leave marinate for a few hours if you have time.
- Slice the red onion thinly and mix with the juice of 1 lemon for a quick pickle. leave to the side.
- Chop the tomatoes into small cubes and grate the carrots.
- Place the marinated mushrooms in a dish and start to grill them.
- Warm or toast the flat-breads and spread them with hummus, then the tomatoes, grated carrots, the grilled mushrooms, pickled onions and any pickled vegetables if you have.
- Drizzle with Eaten Alive - extra spicy and vegan garlic mayo
- Sprinkle some fresh parsley and roll up.