What you need...
180 grams 75% Fitzroy dark chocolate (2 chocolate bars)Montezuma's white chocolate giant button (half a pack or more, depending on your love of white choc)
1/2 cup of white sugar for brownie mix
1/2 cup of castor sugar for salted caramel
50 grams of butter for caramel
50 grams of butter for brownie mix
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
Loads of Maldron salt crystals
- Line a rectangular or square tine with parchment paper.
- Place sugar and butter in a saucepan and melt down until you get a nice runny caramel, then add loads of Maldron salt crystals (I recommend 2 large sprinkles). leave to the side.
- Melt down the dark chocolate, better on a Bain Marie (that's when you place a bowl above a saucepan with hot water). Then take off heat and stir in sugar, then flour, then eggs and a sprinkle of Maldron salt. once cooler add in the white chocolate buttons.
- Add the brownie mixture into the tin and then drizzle over with the slated caramel and gently stir through the mix.
- Cover the mix in more salt crystals to give the top a lil crunch.
- Place in the oven for 35 mins at 180 degrees.
- Take out while the batter is still a little wobbly.
- Leave to cool down and place in the fridge for a good few hours or overnight.
- Once cooled, chop into small squares and present in a delicious brownie tower with berries!