Sabish Ya Bish
This clash of cultures features the Trinidadian and Tobago origins of the craft hot sauce Boom sauce and the middle eastern origins of the sabish, but mixing incredible flavours, creaminess of tahini and heat of Boom hot sauce just works!
What you need...
1 large aubergine
3 tbsp of tahini
1 tbsp of hummous
Bunch of parsley
Pickles (of your choice)
1 large tomato, 1/2 cucumber, 3 spring onions
1 tablespoon of Boom sauce
- Peel the aubergines and cut them into large strips
- Heat the oil and fry the strips until golden brown and leave them on some kitchen paper.
- Chop the parsley, cucumber and tomato. season and leave to the side to let some of the water/moisture come out.
- Boil the eggs until slightly soft in the middle (approx 8 minutes).
- Chop up pickles and leave to the side.
- Mix the tahini with some boom sauce and a little lemon until well mixed
- Toast up the pittas and cut through spread some hummus in the pitta
- Fill with the aubergine, boiled egg, the tomato/cucumber/spring onions mix, pickles and drizzle the tahini boom sauce.