Who the hell doesn't like Mac & Cheese? If you don't, you will after tasting this hot sauce laced, take on an American classic. This recipe features Satan's Gravy hot sauce.
What you need...
1x Bottle of Satan's Gravy (Use a whole bottle if you think you're h'ard enough)
500 Grams of Macaroni Pasta
1x Large Onion or Leek
5x Cloves of Garlic
1x Pack of Sliced or Cubed Pancetta (120-180 Grams)
2x Tablespoons of Plain Flour
40 Grams of Butter
750 ml of Milk
250 ml of Stock (Veg or Meat)
150 Grams of Cheddar
100 Grams of Parmesan (50 for sauce, 50 for sprinkling)
2 Balls (lol) of Fresh Mozzarella or Approx 200 Grams of Grated
2x Large Tablespoons of Pesto
2 Large Handfuls of Spinach
Small pack of Shaved Almonds
- Fry up a chopped onion (or leek), garlic and pancetta in saucepan and then set the mix aside.
- Start with the roux base by meting butter and introducing flour into the butter into the saucepan and introduce milk gradually and half stock to make this more savoury and a lil lighter, keep stirring until it gets nice and desired thickness.
- Add in pepper and nutmeg then stir in grated cheddar, Parmesan and mozzarella, the onion, garlic, pancetta mix and a great dollop of Santa’s gravy and finely chopped spinach and pesto for a green contrast.
- Pre cook macaroni pasta and then stir into the cheese sauce.
- Place in baking dish and top it all off with a mix of panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan and almond shavings for extra crispy top. Bake for 25/30mins at 180 degrees celsius.
- Serve hot and bubbling with splashing's of Satan's gravy across.
- Tip: (remove pancetta and replace parmesan with veggie Italian hard cheese for veggie option)