Mark Buffalo Wings
We love Buffalo sauce, on chicken, cauliflower florets or even of the floor it's that damn good. In this recipe we use Big Dick's UK Hot Sauce, to make a glutenous hot sauce dish.
What you need...
1kg chicken wings (tips removed, separated into wingettes and drumettes)
1 Tbsp BAKING POWDER (whatever you do, do NOT use baking soda)
1 tsp salt (plus more to taste)
3 cloves of garlic chopped
1 Tbsp butter (melted)
1/3 cup bid dicks hot sauce
Preheat oven to 180C.
- Dry chicken with a paper towel really well. Place the wings in a large bowl. Sprinkle baking powder over the wings. Toss until all wings are evenly covered in baking powder. Better yet, mix by hand to ensure even coverage. (do same with cauliflower florets)
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a cooling rack on top and spray or rub with cooking oil to prevent sticking.
- Lay the chicken wings (florets) on the rack, leaving space between the wings (leave the wings in the fridge for 24 hours if you can, the wings will tenderize more).
- Place the baking sheet in the oven. Turn the heat down to 200C and set the mode to fan oven.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the wings are nicely browned and crisp. Florets can go in for 15-20 minutes.
- Let the wings rest for 5 minutes. This will preserve crispiness of the skin.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Buffalo wing sauce by combining the butter, the big dicks sauce and garlic chopped in a small bowl.
- Season the wings or florets with salt and whatever other seasonings you like. Toss with the Buffalo sauce or serve with the sauce on the side.