This bad boy hot dog is great for a quick #TreatYoSelf hot dog, served with a delicious small-batch hot sauce maker based in the Scotland.
Tom's sauces - (mango and spice)
What you need...
4 sausages of choice (Frankfurt, beef sausage or veggie sausage)
4 hot-dog buns
1 tbsp of Tom's sauce
Half a head of cabbage
2 chopped garlic cloves
1 tbsp of white wine vinegar
2 fresh chillis
1 small tsp of sugar, sprinkle of salt and lime juice
Fresh mint and coriander chopped
- Shred the carrot and cabbage and mix with the salt, sugar, lime juice, white wine vinegar and a drizzle with Tom's hot sauce. leave this to the side to pickle.
- Chop up the shallots and heat up some oil in a shallow pan, drop the shallots into the hot oil until they get crispy, fish them out quickly and leave on kitchen paper.
- Start grilling the sausages and warm up the buns.
- Add Tom's hot sauce to some mayo and the chopped garlic to make a spicy mayo.
- Place the sausage in the bun, add the Asian slaw, drizzle the spicy mayo on top and then the crispy shallots and fresh herbs.