Grilled Peaches and Halloumi
In this hot sauce recipe, we use Hoots signature hot sauce to give our take on a grilled peach and halloumi salad with a smoky salsa verde.
1 pack/block of Halloumi
2 large handfuls of rocket (any other green leaves will do)
Smoky salsa verde
Hoots smokey hot sauce
1 small bunch of Tarragon
1 small bunch of Mint
1 small bunch of Basil
1 garlic clove
25ml of oil (light olive, sunflower or rapeseed)
Juice of half a lime
salt and pepper
- Wash and quarter the peaches. (leave skin on)
- Slice the halloumi as thinly as you like.
- Place the peach quarters and halloumi slices onto hot griddle pan or BBQ, grill until browned and you have the nice charred lines.
- de-seed the Pomegranate if bought whole fruit.
- Place all the ingredient for the smokey Salsa Verde in a blender and blitz til smooth.
- Wash your leaves and dry.
- Place the leaves in the plate, then position the peaches, halloumi and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
- Dollop the salsa verde over your salad.