These super quick and easy steamed pot stickers are great anytime of the day and always slide down better with some hot sauce.
What you need..
400grams of all purpose flour
1 cup of water
300-500g of lean pork mince
4 spring onions
2 Garlic cloves
1 knob of Ginger grated
Juice of half a Lime
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
Fresh Mint, basil and parsley
- Mix flour, water and salt
- Get a doughy consistency and cut into 4 parts, then roll out each quarters into a long sausage and then cut into 8 parts (like a little dough truffle).
- Roll out each dough truffle into a circle until thin.
- Use a piece of parchment paper to separate each circle while you roll out each one, this avoids them sticking together.
- Chop the spring onions, mushrooms, fresh herbs, ginger and garlic and mix into the pork mince.
- Add the soy sauce and lime into the mix pork mix.
- Place a heaped teaspoon of pork mix into each circle of dough.
- Wet the extremeties of the dough circles and fold them gradually across the edges, creating little folds along the way and keep it nice and tight.
- Heat up a wok, place the dumplings on the heat and when golden all over place 1/4 cup of water and add a lid. This will help steam the dumplings for around 4/5 minutes.
- Recommend serving with crispy chilli oil and a dumpling sauce (usually just soy sauce, rice vinegar and honey).
- Drizzle with your favourite hot sauce for an extra kick.