Crab and Chilli Carbonara
Carbonara is that classic carb and creamy dish that is a worldwide hit. This recipe brings a little spicy and a zingy twist to the classic bacon version but packs all the flavour with the original recipe of Shots Fired carolina reaper craft hot sauce.
What you need...
150 grams of crab meat (fresh or tinned for a quicker/cheaper alternative) - for veggie alternative try imitation seafood and crispy seaweed.
Eggs (3 egg yolks)
100 grams of Parmesan/Pecorino
Cream 1 dollop/approx 100ml.
3 garlic cloves
Bunch of fresh basil
1 chilli (spice level of preference)
Zest of 1 lime
Salt & Pepper
Shots Fired bottle
300 grams of tagliatelle (or any other shape you prefer or have in the cupboard) i.e around 150 grams per serving.
- Slice the garlic cloves thinly, chop the chilli and basil and grate the parmesan or pecorino
- Drain the crab meat or pick from fresh crab
- Separate the eggs, the egg yolk for the recipe and keep the whites (for making and omelette or meringue)
- Boil up water and salt it with a drizzle of oil, start cooking the pasta until very "al dente", keep some of the pasta water for later.
- Start frying the slices of garlic, when cooked add salt and pepper, the reserved pasta water and the al dente pasta.
- Stir in slowly the egg yolks, dollop of cream, grated parmesan/pecorino, lemon zest, crab, chilli, drizzle some shots fired and fresh basil.
- Serve with a side salad and some garlic bread for a real treat.