We were lucky enough to have our homie Tubby Tom's - Ghost Town hot sauce feature in one of our 2020 boxes. This hot sauce recipe is one of our fave dishes and always made better with hot sauce.
Spicy fried rice to liven up the senses (3 servings)
What you need...250 grams of rice (foodwaste tip - great way to use up leftover rice)
Ginger - large thumb size
3 garlic cloves
Half a cup of peas
1 large carrot - chopped finely
5 spring onions - chopped
250 grams chicken/160 grams of prawns/shitake mushrooms (hehe) as veggie alt.
2 tbsp sweet soy (Kecap Manis) or oyster sauce or teriyaki (use up what you have in your cupboard)
2 eggs - whisked together
Toasted sesame oil
Tubby Tom's - Ghost Town
- Cook the rice or fluff up leftover rice - make sure it is cold for the recipe
- Chop up the carrots into tiny little cubes
- Take the peas out of the freezer and run under water
Chop up the chicken or mushrooms or prawns and marinate in sweet soy/teriyaki/oyster sauce
Chop the ginger and garlic and fry in butter in a wok
- Add the chicken or mushrooms until opaque colour
- Add in the carrot cubes
- Add in the whisked eggs
- Stir and add the rice and peas and add a big dollop of the tubby toms ghost town and sesame oil until the rice develops a nice brown colour.
- Cook until all eggs all ingredients are cooked then sprinkle with the spring onions and some fresh coriander
- Add a little more regular soy sauce when serving!